Purpose of the Job:
Servicing the accounting needs of the client including but not limited to: financial statements, bank reconciliations, payroll integration, accounts payable, and other services. Serves as the brand ambassador and helps initiate, maintain and develop the relationship as the primary contact and internal liaison for the client. Sets a clear vision for the development of the relationship by establishing and executing a client relationship strategy that allows the client to achieve their financial goals and objectives.
Key Result Areas (Indicative and not exhaustive):
- Serves as primary contact for the client. Delivers scheduled financial statements, providing coaching and counseling to business owners and operations managers in order to help improve margins and impact their bottom line. Discuss monthly financial statements, plans, and schedules as applicable with client.
- Builds and maintains relationships by speaking with clients and key stake holders and providing them world-class customer service.
- Identifies, engages, and delivers the right resources and solutions for all services provided to the client.
- Works closely with clients to solve issues related to complicated financial statement situations. Monitors finances to aid clients functioning within those guidelines, and provides financial analysis and advice to clients.
- Provides best practices by leveraging different functions within the company to help the client improve their business execution. Coordinates as needed with other internal teams for consultative support on all services such as: financial statements, bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable.
- Leverages the established relationship with the client to obtain all necessary documentation in a timely manner in order to meet the contractual delivery timeline for all services.
- Responsible for all activities for each client from financial statements to billing and collection.
- Execute negotiated contract terms and scope to ensure financial profitability for existing client(s) portfolio.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and guidance to the cross-functional teams aligned to a particular client delivery processes.
- Maintains a reference-able client base by delivering exceptional service according to guidelines outlined in the contract.
- Deals with client concerns and issues to ensure they are attended to in a timely manner and dealt with according to client satisfaction. Escalates any issues as needed to management team quickly to ensure client satisfaction.
- Completes a monthly performance scorecard and meets with management each month to review the scorecard outlining any follow-up actions with timelines for areas requiring attention.
- Utilize all appropriate technology for communicating, documenting and following up with both internal and external relationships to accomplish all aspects of the job.
- Identifies SARG (Same Account Revenue Growth) opportunities for each client as well as the strategic approach and detailed plan for selling these services.
- Alerts management to any client changes that will positively or negatively impact revenue (i.e., new store additions, new client venture, client selling, store closing, etc).
- Build and maintain relationships by gaining insights into the client business to become a trusted adviser which lays the groundwork to sell additional products and services to the client.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Participates in special projects and committees within the team.
- Will attend trade shows and travel to client sites based upon business needs.
- Works closely with corporate industry staff at all levels to ensure program quality.
- Other duties as requested.
Manages the global team deliverables
See essential functions
Extent of Public Contact:
- Frequently serves as a representative of company to various organizations within the industry and broader community, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions.
- Continually serves as a representative of company to the clients, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions.
- Frequently negotiates contracts, answers questions from accounting staff, and interacts with division corporate staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
Required: 4-year degree in accounting, finance or business with accounting/finance focus (or equivalent knowledge/experience). Ability to manage priorities and functions, good human relations and communication skills, good data entry skills, and an understanding of and experience with personal computers, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel software. 0-3 years of accounting experience.
Preferred: Experience with accounting software (Great Plains), understanding of a computer network environment.
Desirable: Business acumen and ability to communicate with individual owners, ownership groups. Accounting experience within the Retail, Auto or NFP Industries.
Physical demands: This position requires daily use of fingers, talking, sitting, listening, and vision. Equipment used includes, but is not limited to: computers and keyboards, calculators, writing utensils, paper, and telephones. On a frequent basis, employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Working Conditions and Environment: Employee must be willing to work at location in a small-to mid-sized office setting, plus attend client conferences and meetings that may or may not be held during the workday. Travel to other locations or client offices may be necessary, as well as attendance at company management meetings with other offices throughout the globe. Other travel may be required based on business needs and must be approved by the Vice President.