Atlanta , United States
8 months ago
Our client is a market leading investment firm and they wish to hire an early career Accountant to join their team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Enter all project and affiliate company transactions entries into the accounting software
- Record and maintain supporting information for monthly journal entries related to project portfolio.
- Ensure that recurring entries are changed or terminated at appropriate trigger points.
- Maintain detailed listings of the contents of all balance sheet accounts.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years professional accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- CPA, or CPA track, is preferred but not required
- Prior experience with tax credit issues given priority