Our client is a leader in the Financial Services industry and they wish to hire an Accountant that will be responsible for accounting operations including month close, general ledger, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and related accounts reconciliations /controls. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial transactions
- Enforce financial controls are maintained in the department
- Increased focus on internal program cost allocations and reporting
- Prepare and process monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Own Labor Capitalization Accounting
- Own Parts Accrual Accounting
- Own Excess and Obsolescence parts calculation and control documentation including maintaining evidence of review and approval.
- Assist with the month/quarter/year end close process
- Prepare and distribute monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet flux reports to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Balance Sheet Creation
- Complete accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute Inventory Roll Forward to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as requested
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Accounting for new Cost Centers:
- Maintain and update internal SOX documentation for financial transactions and support internal audits of related controls
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process.
- Must have a solid understanding of GAAP financial accounting.
- Experience in relational databases.
- Experience in ERP systems.
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Experience with Inventory is a plus.
- Experience in Blackline Reconciliations is a plus