Our client is a market leader in their industry providing financial solutions and services to consumers and businesses alike. They wish to hire an Accounting Analyst that will be the SME in the interpretation and application of broad areas of accounting theory, exercises influence to drive results in the accomplishment of goals, and plays a leadership role in enhancing existing processes by identifying alternative solutions and leading implementation efforts. The Accounting Analyst is familiar with a variety of process concepts, best practices and procedures and provides guidance and development support to accounting staff.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely accounting deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and state and federal regulation
- Is considered a leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures, and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Collaborates with contributors and coworkers to identify, propose and implement approved issue resolution alternatives; leads implementation of portions of agreed upon solutions, including training other staff or process participants
- Suggests and supports the establishment of metrics/performance reporting. Monitors and improve key performance indicators
- Supports improvement of and compliance with internal controls including SOX
- Builds relationships throughout the organization and continually strives to identify ways in which areas of responsibility can assist the business and corporate segments to achieve their strategic goals.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Insurance industry is a plus
- 2+ years working in a Shared Services environment preferred
- CPA is a plus
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, audits)