12 months ago
Location: Buckhead (Atlanta, GA)
The position is responsible for all aspects related to the accounting operations of the company; to include maintaining accurate records and control reports, the production of periodic financial reports (including but not limited to the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and other related reporting as requested), maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ownership of General Ledger activity and balances for multiple related entities.
- Completion of month end closing and financial reporting process, including reconciliations, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completion of monthly and quarterly internal and external reporting.
- Completion of accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Management of intercompany and intracompany accounting and reconciliations of transactions.
- Preparation/recording of daily/monthly/quarterly/annual/reoccurring journal entries to document transactions/maintain supporting documents.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts; maintain detail listing of all balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinating the reconciliation of bank/cash accounts.
- Management of the tracking, allocation, amortization, depreciation, and reconciliation of fixed assets, loan fees, principal/interest, and debt covenant compliance as it relates to debt.
- Coordinating the management of payroll transactions and overhead items, ensuring these are appropriately reported and allocated.
- Creation and review of operating budgets.
- Development of accounting controls including operational procedures and documentation of data flow, as needed.
- Analysis of financial information to assist in providing financial recommendations and actions.
- Protection of financial security, customer confidence, and operations by following internal controls and keeping financial information confidential.
- Compliance for the company with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Attendance at educational workshops; review of professional publications; establishment of personal networks; and participation in professional societies to maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Coordination of special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- 5+ years professional public or private accounting experience;
- Understanding of GAAP;
- CPA is preferred but not required;
- Military background is preferred but not required;
- Significant previous experience providing financial reporting, analysis, and advice to senior management.