Atlanta , United States
6 months ago
Our client is a leading manufacturer of niche products and they wish to hire an Accounting Manager that will be responsible for tracking federal, state and local compliance obligations and filing the appropriate forms. Additionally, this position provides financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data as well as by preparing
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Review and prepare balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintain accounting controls by reviewing and recommending internal controls and policies.
- Prepare audit and tax related requests.
- Maintain fixed asset records.
- Participate in the capital expenditure approval and expenditure tracking processes.
- Answer technical accounting questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state and local compliance requirements by filing the appropriate documents, studying legislation and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting information and trends.
- Identify and implement process enhancements to improve reporting accuracy and maximize departmental efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Full spectrum balance sheet experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems is preferred
- Experience in a growing, acquisitive company a plus
- Proficient in MS excel (e.g., data manipulation, pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)