Are you a current Senior Accountant that aspires to be an Accounting Manager?
Our client is a market leader in their industry providing niche investment products and services. They wish to hire an Accounting Manager reporting to the CFO and responsible for the accounting operations of the company; to include maintaining accurate records and control reports, the production of periodic financial reports (including but not limited to the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's reported financial results
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ownership of General Ledger activity and balances for multiple related entities.
- Completion of month end closing and financial reporting process, including reconciliations, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completion of monthly and quarterly internal and external reporting.
- Completion of accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Management of inter-company accounting and reconciliations of transactions.
- Preparation and recording of daily, monthly, quarterly, annual, and reoccurring journal entries to document financial transactions while maintain supporting documents.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and maintained detail listing of all balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinating the reconciliation of bank/cash accounts.
- Management of the tracking, allocation, amortization, depreciation, and reconciliation of fixed assets, loan fees, principal/interest, and debt covenant compliance as it relates to debt.
- Coordinating the management of payroll transactions and overhead items, ensuring these are appropriately reported and allocated.
- Creation and review of operating budgets.
- Development of accounting controls including operational procedures and documentation of data flow, as needed.
- Analysis of financial information to assist in providing financial recommendations and actions.
- Protection of financial security, customer confidence, and operations by following internal controls and keeping financial information confidential.
- Compliance for the company with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Attendance at educational workshops; review of professional publications; establishment of personal networks; and participation in professional societies to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years professional public or private accounting experience
- Understanding of GAAP
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Significant previous experience providing financial reporting, analysis, and advice to senior management