ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER
Our client in downtown Atlanta is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Manager to join their Finance Department in Atlanta. The department offers the opportunity to join an innovative and collaborative team focused on managing all aspects of Accounts Payable. The Accounts Payable Manager will oversee a staff of three to six full-time employees and will report to the Director of Finance.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in a comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of Accounts Payable, which includes having a comprehensive, functional knowledge of:
- Hard/Soft disbursement processing
- Payment Processing (both check and electronic) in domestic and international currencies, using various online banking tools.
- All third-party software integrations with the Firm’s financial reporting software
- Firm travel and entertainment expense reimbursement policies and procedures
- General ledger chart of accounts structure and Firm expense approval chains
- Disbursement relationships with other financial departments such as cash receipting, billing, and general accounting
- Financial controls, including bank provided fraud prevention tools
- Form 1099 Reporting and Accounts Payable vendor setup requirements
- VAT and sales & local use tax reporting requirements
- Month-end and year-end close procedures
- Regularly communicates cash flow needs to Treasury across all disbursement accounts
- Researches, analyzes and resolves complex payment and vendor issues
- Reports preparation as required by management, including responses to audits, reviews, and performance metrics
- Ensures the integrity of the accounts payable system
- Performs personnel related functions, including the following:
- Manages, develops, hires, trains and evaluates staff; assigns staff job responsibilities, ensuring balanced workloads and the scheduling of tasks
- Manages goals and objectives with staff, provides/solicit continual feedback on the progress, and reassess/reset as deemed necessary; facilitates professional growth opportunities
- Addresses performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions
- Safeguards the firm’s assets and accuracy of disbursements by ensuring staff and customer compliance with relative Firm and department policies and procedures
- Leads the ongoing evaluation of processes and procedures for improved productivity and efficiency opportunities, develops and executes actions plans for process improvement, and measures efficiencies gained/results
Successful Candidates are detail oriented, have strong management skills and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment. Candidates must have excellent computer skills, preferred experience with large ERP AP systems; Aderant Expert and Chrome River are a plus. Strong business solutions software skills preferred; must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Candidates must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting; 5+ years of supervisory experience preferred. Solid understanding of Accounts Payable principles, policy compliance, segregation of duties and business process quality control.