Accounts Payable Specialist- Atlanta, GA
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the posting of inventory and non-inventory invoices in SAP, maintaining the GR-IR reports, 3-way matching, maintaining the vendor files and other AP related duties, as directed. This position is also responsible for all administrative functions in the Accounting Department. This is a temp to hire position, paying $22-24/hr.
- Responsible for opening and distributing the mail and sending out AP correspondence
- 3-way matching
- Contacting vendors to get all missing invoices, statements, etc.
- Filing and vendor file maintenance
- Scan and upload invoices in SAP for certain types of purchases
- Researches vendor statements
- Research if the invoices are paid and get missing invoices, if any
- PO related invoices - Intercompany
- Post all incoming inventory invoices/ coordinate with other departments
- Posting all expense reports, received from employees/contractors
- Support the AP Manager with misc projects, month end etc
The AP Specialist needs to ensure all the vendor data is well organized and easily accessible, the invoices are posted in a timely fashion and the GL coding is accurate. All the daily receiving reports are verified without any delays and all issues are communicated ASAP to other departments. Strong dedication to the job and team-player attitude is a key character for a successful candidate.
Experience: A min of 3 years experience in Accounts Payable, General Ledger posting and month end involvement is a plus. Prior experience with a large ERP system required, SAP and good Excel skills are mandatory.
Competencies: Need to possess strong interpersonal, ability to communicate effectively, work efficiently, independently with accuracy, maintain confidential information, exercise sound judgment, make accurate and timely decisions, the ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment, and have strong analytical and problem solving skills.