Accounts Payable Specialist- Cobb County
first PRO is Atlanta's # 1 Contingency Search firm and we have been serving the Atlanta area for over 30 years. Our creative efforts, dedication and focus have been tremendously successful in the finding people accounting and finance related jobs in the Atlanta market.
The ideal candidate will be well spoken, detail oriented, and have at least 2 years of experience in accounts payable. This is a direct hire position, and the company is located in Cobb county area. Pay will be up to $40K, depending on experience.
The Accounts Payable Specialist oversees accounts payable functions such as verification of invoices, expense coding, voucher preparation, and various reports for management.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Full cycle accounts payable processing around 500-700 invoices/month
- Audit and process vendor invoices for payment based on company policies
- Match and reconcile purchases created in purchase order system
- Initiate check runs, generate and mail payments
- Maintain accounts payable paper and electronic files
- Serve as primary and initial contact with vendors for dispute resolution and reconciliation
- Maintain and process annual 1099 reports
- Prepare required monthly payables-related journal entries and accruals
- Help with converting vendors to pay via ACH/EFT
- Assist with month-end reporting
- Sage 500 ERP system a plus
- Telecommunication industry experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience in full cycle accounts payable
- Familiar with general ledger account coding including fixed asset capitalization thresholds