The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for all accounts payable administrative functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following:
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders and resolving purchase order discrepancies, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system.
- Process employee expense reports, including verification of receipts and coding.
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Responsible for daily journal entries for cash accounts.
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expenses, vendor approval and invoice processing.
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting.
- Responsible for imaging and record retention of all accounts payable documents.
- Manage vendor relations and build effective partnerships.
- Partner with Controller to identify and implement process improvements to meet strategic goals.
- Prepares sales and use tax report for Controller.
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor' s degree preferred
- 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of general accounting
- Intermediate proficiency with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, vendors, and associates.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to develop and maintain an organized structure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.