6 days ago
AR Analyst- North Atlanta
Location: Roswell, GA
The Accounts Receivable Portfolio Specialist is responsible for invoice collection and deduction resolution for their assigned portfolio in a fast paced, goal oriented and metric driven department.
- Maintain assigned customer collections/deductions portfolio within metric goals.
- Contact customers and internal business partners to obtain additional information regarding deductions and AR issues.
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze research results to determine validity of deductions.
- Use problem solving skills to make appropriate recommendations for resolution of deductions and disputes based on research results and analysis.
- Resolve customer deductions and prepare documentation supporting the final determination.
- Research and determine the root cause of deductions within a specified timeframe and reduce future occurrences by working closely with customers and internal business partners.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets, system notes and files as needed for each open deduction.
- Analyze information gathered through research and investigation.
- Maintain records of communication with customers and other internal business partners.
- Proactively identify trends and assist in implementing processes to prevent invalid deductions.
- Experience dealing with retailer deductions is strongly preferred.
- Previous Collections and Deductions experience in an order to cash environment is required.
- Possess a clear understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with customers and sales representatives in resolving various accounts receivable issues.
- Moderate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Previous experience using vendor portals, particularly for big box retailers, is preferred but not required.
- Adaptability to changing business environment and systems, ability to multi-task, use good judgment to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong achievement focusses and commitment to deliver results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated clarity in spoken and written words.
- Attentive to detail; Internally driven; Proactive; Ability to work well as part of a team.