Our client is a leader in the provision of products and services that enables companies to be more efficient and offer a superior level of customer service. They wish to hire an AR Manager to manage a small team in Credit & Collections.You will be responsible for managing the staff and activities of Credit & Collections to limit company’s financial risk, maximize cash flow, reduce DSO and delinquency of accounts receivable.
- Plan, direct, and supervise Credit & Collections.
- Drive optimization of DSO with daily management, problem solving, and team development.
- Oversee the credit management function by interpreting credit reports and related financial information to determine appropriate credit for customers.
- Approve payment plans and special billing terms to manage customer accounts and limit financial exposure. This includes negotiating payment arrangements by building relationships with internal/external customers to understand their needs and issues.
- Interface with other departments regarding sales, order management and professional services to manage the activities of researching and resolving of customer disputes.
- Effectively manage the collections team, setting realistic expectations for employees and department goals and effectively communicating these to management of actual performance results.
- Assist in formulating cash collection forecasts, analysts KPIs, and bad debt reserve for management.
- Manage a portfolio of customer escalated accounts and maintain direct contact with customer and internal contacts as necessary, including any dispute resolution, to ensure collection of invoices in a timely manner.
- Drive system enhancements and solutions on new feature functionality, prepare process and procedure documentation, and design best in class vision for long term success.
- Lead the group in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance and work with internal and external auditors at various times throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related degree.
- 3+ years of experience in a management role.
- Software industry experience is a big plus.
- Advanced level of Excel proficiency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a need to be challenged.
- Ability to understand and interpret terms and conditions of contracts.