Our client is targeting an AR Medicaid Specialist to join their growing team! Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in healthcare reimbursement related to billing, collections and claims mgt.
This is a Direct Hire position and will pay up to $37,440/annually.
Location: Marietta, GA
The AR Medicaid Specialist assists in the follow up of all Medicaid unpaid claims and open balances.
- Work unpaid and denied claims
- Contact payers to research claim status
- Pull procedure reports
- Update internal documents with claim results/status
- Constant communication with depts within our organization (EDI, Verification, Billing, Credentialing,etc.) as well as external clients
- Generate claims and assist in preparing and submitting appeals to payers.
- Report to AR Manager any denial trends that can negatively impact revenue for the assigned region in a timely manner
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communicator skills
- Well-organized and detailed with the ability to communicate in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work well with a team
- Multi task oriented
- Revenue Cycle experience required
- High school diploma or GED; Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare reimbursement related to billing, collections, and claims mgt
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the revenue cycle process, compliance and federal regulations
- Experience with health insurance programs
- 2+ years customer service experience