Accounts Receivable/Cash Applications Specialist
- Heavy Cash background, full cycle AR and heavy reconciliations
- Apply cash receipts and application of adjustments to customer accounts, and research and reconcile remittance to AR balances
- Communicate directly with customers to drive cash receipts, and where applicable negotiate to arrange credit and payment plans to facilitate payment of outstanding AR.
- Evaluate accounts on an ongoing basis to determine subsequent actions, including referral of accounts to an outside collection agency
- Work within company’s credit policy, recommending changes
- Possess an analyst mindset and want to dig in and research why things reconcile and resolve discrepancies as they come up
- Company prefers quality over quantity - the volume is steady to high, and sometimes it can take an hour to input one invoice because of the research behind it.
- 2+ years experience in Accounts Receivable apply cash, performing reconciliations and over A/R functions
- Associated degree or higher if preferred
- Manufacturing background is preferred
- Recent SAP experience is preferred; otherwise, large ERP experience such as Oracle is second best
- Strong Excel skills
- Normal work day is 8-5 but during month end you may need to stay until 6-6:30 one or two days a month
Please apply in confidence to Patty Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org