Norcross, United States
about 1 year ago
firstPRO 360 is a professional recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in.
Our mission is to provide a seamless recruiting solution for both our clients and candidates. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs and customize our recruitment process because each individual and company is unique.
As a part of Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF), a publicly traded international company, we combine our small business culture with enterprise level support. Allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization
Purpose of position:
Perform a wide variety of duties related to the accuracy of the cash application specialists. Processes accounts receivables by reviewing and matching payments received, and entering information into SAP accounting software. Advises customers of delinquent accounts, and conducts necessary follow-up to obtain payments. Evaluates credit applications, check references, and recommends appropriate credit limits. Prepares bank deposits when necessary, and regular accounts receivable reconciliation summaries and reports.
- Daily cash applications
- Reviewing & maintaining A/R Aging
- Applying debit memo deductions for customers
- A/R cash deposit (when necessary)
- Researching short payments and deductions
- Managing credit card payments
- Tracking and receiving prepayments
- Monitoring credit memos and invoice corrections
- General Accounting activities to include but not limited to assisting with expense reporting entry and coding, month end reporting, maintaining customer list, booking journal entries and maintaining accounting records
- Prepares bank deposits which includes verifying completeness and accuracy of checks received, ensuring proper coding and accounting of same, and affixing proper endorsements.
- Investigates deducted claims or chargebacks to ensure validity by contacting customer service or sales departments to verify accuracy of customer information and account status.
- Performs variety of related office and administrative duties such as maintaining accounts receivable files, answering telephones and relaying messages, typing routing correspondence, photocopying, and so forth.
- At end of each month reconcile accounts receivable system to the general ledger to ensure that systems are in balance with each other and run confirming reports. Ensure that all cash receipts are posted prior to performing month end processing and close of the A/R system. Print out aging reports and various reconciliation reports.
- Analytical abilities and high level of attention to detail in order to check and verify receipts, totals, credit applications, and deductions, and ensure correct balancing and payment.
- Internal Contacts: Supervisor and other department managers and staff, and sales department in order to gather and exchange information, and reconcile payments and deductions.
- External Contacts: Customers, orally or in writing, to gather and exchange information, and to reconcile delinquent accounts and initiate collection procedures; banks to complete transactions; and tax authorities to verify liabilities and payments.
- Associates degree in accounting, business or equivalent experience
- Approximately one to two years related experience in SAP and accounting in order to gain in-depth knowledge of accounts receivable procedures and credit and collections.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, SAP and Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Ability to develop and prepare related reports and analysis.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to handle a high volume workload.