Atlanta, United States
4 months ago
My client is looking for a Solid AR Specialist with Medicaid experience for an immediate opening! Ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, as there will be limited training.
Duration: Contract; temp to possible hire
Key focus: Someone with Medicaid experience
JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist works independently, although under the direction of the Controller and other Finance team members. This role is responsible for collecting payments for the organization. This role requires skills in project management, organization and communications to collect payments from clients and customers.
- Manage all Accounts Receivable processing and invoicing on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Payment tracking and banking deposits.
- Oversee running reports that document profits and losses for our organization.
- Prepares, reviews and mails monthly customer statements.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from department heads.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering corrections.
- Resolves accounts by examining payment plans and payment history to determine if collection letters need to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals, and preparing reports.
- Assists other finance areas such as accounts payable.
- Researches and negotiates chargeback claims.
- Run patient eligibility with Medicaid twice monthly.
- Private insurance billing inquiries and reconciliation monthly.
- Verify private insurance eligibility and benefits for new patients and annually thereafter.
- Initiate authorization for all private insurance patients.
- Manage relationship with private insurance vendors.
- Act as liaison for private insurance authorizations department and provide them with any clinical documentation necessary.
- Oversee and audit the entry of private insurance information into EMR to ensure accuracy.
- Follow up on payments, claim denials, resubmittals, escalations, audits, retrieve eOBs, renegotiations with 3rd party companies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in a medical, health or business setting. Home-based services experience preferred.
- Experience with Excel required.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties given.
- Excellent organization skills and attentive to detail.