Our client is a leading manufactures of unique niche products and due to an internal promotion, they wish to hire an Assistant Controller will serve as the Controller's right-hand resource for all Accounting activities, controls, financial results and maintaining the integrity of the Financials. They are looking for an Accounting professional who can lead and manage all aspects of Accounting in a manufacturing environment.
Essential daily duties will include
- Oversees, monitors and works to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and database management.
- Helps with the preparation of the annual year end audit.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Responsible for the month end close.
- Collaborate with other functions and departments .
- Reviews and justifies expenses.
- Supervises and prepares monthly journal entries.
- Supervises and prepares account reconciliations.
- Prepare inventory cost updates and assist with year-end inventory processes.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of month end inventory and AR.
- Review and investigate inventory and manufacturing variances.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports.
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls.
- Supervise and train staff on proper company procedures.
- Banking relationship management.
- Reviews the activities of the other staff to ensure accuracy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years experience in a management/supervisory role; senior accounting, accounting management or similar position
- MUST have Manufacturing industry experience
- Must be computer proficient with ability to utilize Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced deadline-oriented setting; must be a hands-on self-starter with ability to adapt quickly.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a collaborative and customer-service mindset.