Our client is a leader in their industry, distributing products nationwide and has a significant inventory established in multiple warehouses. They have created a new position for an Audit Manager who will have the opportunity to develop an Audit team. This role will be responsible for establishing the audit process and procedures and audit projects for the inventory control process in the warehouses, inventory cycle counts and inspections to ensure high inventory accuracy levels and timely processing of customer returns, back to stock and expired items.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Represent the Internal Audit Department throughout the Company as a business partner and change agent.
- Perform inventory counts and operational audits which include location audits and recounts.
- Review, evaluate, and test internal controls and performance metrics of corporate functions and company operations, with an emphasis on operational processes.
- Perform testing related to the Company’s controls, policies & procedures program including completing and documenting process walk-through, testing controls, and assisting in remediation efforts.
- Review completed inventory counts and variances to determine if further research or a recount is needed.
- Update and distribute department reports using Excel or other established logs.
- Perform product inspections to determine if product meets established specifications. This includes identifying product as well as sorting through product to determine if product is “good” so it can go back to stock or if product should be written off.
- Review inventory in Inventory Problem Bins to confirm and resolve issues with items. Determine if inventory can be corrected with a stock adjustment, put back to stock or if it is damaged or defective and must be written off. Identify product that is not labeled or not labeled correctly and properly label carton.
- Perform final check of inventory before a customer order is shorted. Check item locations as well as “likely locations” (neighboring bins, aisles, end caps…). Review item transactions and old locations to try to find missing inventory. Update warehouse transfer order if appropriate.
- Perform inbound/outbound audits (receipt/returns and outbound orders including transfers).
- Put-away product that has been processed through claims.
- Adhere to established safety regulations and company policies/procedures.
- Serve as a member of the distribution center team by assisting in other areas as needed.
- Assist with any forensic audits and special investigations.
- Bachelors' Degree
- Previous experience in a similar Audit position
- Must have Warehouse Inventory experience
- Strong Warehouse operations and process control experience
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with Executives and Warehouse personnel
- Preferred experience working in Encompass or other large Warehouse Management Software
- Functional understanding of accounting and finance processes. Supply Chain processes, 3rd party logistics, or experience auditing controls in warehouse, distribution, or manufacturing operations is a plus.
- Manage multiple priorities/deadlines
- Ability to identify problems/issues and resolve with minimal supervision
- Solid knowledge of company product line
- Ability to travel up to 30% to local States