Atlanta , United States
10 months ago
Our client is a leading manufacturing company and they wish to hire an Auditor that will be responsible for evaluating the design and effectiveness of the financial controls to support financial reporting and operating procedures. Responsibilities also include coordinating control design and implementation.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Proactively identify existing and emerging risks that may be of importance to the Company’s management.
- Integral team member providing guidance on internal controls compliance throughout the organization as well as international entities as needed.
- Develop and present scoping, testing and remediation training for contractors, interns and new staff as necessary.
- Perform the financial internal control testing activities within various departments of the Company.
- Maintaining a comprehensive internal control program for the company.
- Develop and update internal control documentation (process maps, risk control matrices, process narratives, etc.) periodically to include any new key internal controls or processes identified and ensure appropriate key control structure is maintained.
- Perform detailed walk-through of processes by performing job shadowing to validate processes as documented in procedures
- Understand processes, roles, and responsibilities of the interrelated functions at all levels across the business unit.
- Assist in creating and execution of test plans to verify process effectiveness, accuracy, and completeness for specific control tests by established deadlines with minimal supervision. Be able to prioritize assignments, apply sample size guidelines appropriately and provide constant and clear feedback to management and the process owners
- Identify internal control weaknesses and recommend remediation to strengthen the control environment
- Identify, document, and communicate process improvements according to findings.
- Participate in planning, results, and remediation meetings
- Report testing exceptions to the Internal Controls Management and follow up on remediation efforts in a timely manner
- Engage with process owners and managers in remediation of control deficiencies
- Review control descriptions, process narratives and testing strategies for reasonableness and accuracy. Make recommendations and implement updates to documentation.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and communicating key reports and test results for management on compliance obligations and progress against compliance plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of Audit experience or equivalent experience in internal controls testing
- Detailed understanding of general business processes
- 2+ years experience with SOX 404 documentation and testing compliance
- Strong Excel and Data Analytical Tools is desirable
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Knowledge of governance, risk and compliance framework (COSO)
- CPA, CIA or equivalent certification is preferred