Growing and stable company is looking for a Big Data Engineer for a full time permanent hire. This role offers the opportunity to work 100% remotely. Job duties include designing, developing, and tuning data products, apps, and integrations for data platforms, along with encouraging machine learning efforts by assisting with the build of large infrastructure. You should have a passion for problem solving and utilizing ML for solving real issues and handling the build of required frameworks/tools to allow for this to occur. This is a great role for a true technologists who stay on the bleeding edge and have a passion for technology.
- 5+ years of software development experience - can be RoR, Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- 2+ years' experience working with Big Data systems. Can build scalable/distributed cloud-based systems.
- Strong preference for ML (Machine Learning) experience.
- Strong experience around NoSQL databaes and data storage, which can include Cassandra, ElasticSearch/Solr, etc.
- RestAPIs - designing and implementation experience.