Our client is an International leader in their niche, provides goods and services via an expansive distribution network and they wish to hire a Business Unit Controller that will be responsible for developing and maintaining budgeting, financial planning, control, accounting, and reporting policies/practices. Analyze results and inform management of performance and financial effect of business plans/strategies.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Reports financial results in accordance with GAAP.
- Provides detailed financial analysis to group leadership to identify reported financial results.
- Prepares and analyzes annual budget, quarterly financial forecast outlook and financial plans for business group.
- Ensures policies and procedures are updated and maintained in accordance with SOX.
- Ensures appropriate visibility and analysis of cost saving opportunities while implementing process controls.
- Leads due diligence efforts for acquisitions or formation of new business for group.
- Partners with business leadership team to establish and execute financially sound strategic plans..
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Leadership experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Financial reporting experience within a Fortune 500 company