Cash Application Specialist needed ASAP! -Norcross, GA
Solid cash apps specialist with strong Excel needed for a 6 month contract in the Peachtree Corners area.
MUST be willing to work OT during close. No exceptions.
The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for posting payments received from customers, manually or via upload. This individual should possess the technical skills to be able to upload large payment files into the accounting system. They are also responsible for performing all required cash reconciliations. This individual will work with the AR team to resolve cash related issues/questions (i.e. unapplied cash and credit balances and coordinate refunds as needed). This candidate will possess strong customer service skills, is well organized, and has the ability to work in a team and/or independently with little direction and should be available to work extra hours when needed.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- - Responsible for posting all payments received from multiple sources for multiple customers.
- - Manually post or upload payments – must possess technical skills – Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- - Responsible for performing all required cash reconciliations daily and at month end
- - Will work with AR and GL teams to resolve any cash related issues, daily and at month end
- - Ability to prepare and book journal entries
- - Assists with special projects and compiles reports.
- - Proficient in Excel (Intermediate to Advanced, VLookups, Pivot Tables, etc.) and other MS applications
- - Understanding of full cycle Accounts Receivable
- - Basic math skills
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- - Ability to work well under pressure, deal with multiple priorities and meet deadlines.