Lawrenceville, United States
about 1 year ago
Cash Applications Specialist
The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for posting payments received from customers, manually or via upload. This individual should possess the technical skills to be able to upload large payment files into the accounting system. They are also responsible for performing all required cash reconciliations. This individual will work with the AR team to resolve cash related issues/questions (i.e. unapplied cash and credit balances and coordinate refunds as needed). This candidate will possess strong customer service skills, is well organized,
and has the ability to work in a team and/or independently with little direction and should be available to work extra hours when needed.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for posting all payments received from multiple sources for multiple
- Manually post or upload payments – must possess technical skills – Intermediate to Advance Excel
- Responsible for performing all required cash reconciliations daily and monthly
- Work with AR and GL teams to resolve any cash related issues
- Ability to prepare and book journal entries
- Assists with special projects and compiles reports.
- Proficient in Excel (Intermediate to Advanced, VLookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Understanding of full cycle Accounts Receivable, and experience with cash applications
- Familiar with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent 10 Key accuracy
- Detail oriented
- Basic math skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and compliance