Summary: Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization to ensure compliance with ethical or regulatory standards with respect to Tax and Unclaimed Property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develop and implement compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Verify that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Act as a key contact for regulatory audits.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Research and troubleshoot issues as necessary in coordination with auditing process.
- Submit all regulatory compliance reports related to unclaimed property.
? Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the competencies of the RNDC Manager - Administrative Leadership Competency Model.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or equivalent required; a minimum of three years related experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations), write routine reports and correspondence, and to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume) and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions (in mathematical or diagram form), and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: T o perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPA preferred
Other Requirements: Not applicable
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Tools & Technology: Calculators or accessories; Facsimile Machines; Notebook Computers; Photocopiers; Scanners. Accounting software; Compliance software; Enterprise resource planning ERP software; Financial analysis software; Tax preparation software