Atlanta, United States
over 1 year ago
firstPRO 360 is a professional recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in.
Our mission is to provide a seamless recruiting solution for both our clients and candidates. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs and customize our recruitment process because each individual and company is unique.
As a part of Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF), a publicly traded international company, we combine our small business culture with enterprise level support. Allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization
The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to Financial Reporting and Monthly Close. This position is responsible for leading the accounting operations of the organization. The Controller is also expected to be the subject matter expert on all technical accounting matters coming before the company. This role is tasked with providing recommendations for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting process, general ledger structure and organizational objectives
- Lead application of existing GAAP and adoption of current and future accounting standard changes by interfacing with required departments to ascertain underlying data to document and support accounting treatment consistent with accounting guidance
- Ensure timely and accurate period financial close including production of financial statements
- Become subject matter expert on company’s processes for accounting for key balance sheet areas (intangible assets, deferred customer acquisition cost, contingent consideration, debt)
- Oversee GL and Revenue accounting teams and ensure all GL accounts are reconciled on monthly basis and reconciling items addressed as necessary
- Oversee the payroll processing function
- Liaise with key outside parties (external auditors, taxing jurisdictions)
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions
- Respond to inquiries from senior management regarding financial results and special reporting requests
- Perform other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area;
- CPA required
- Experience with Microsoft GP highly preferred
- Twelve to sixteen plus years of experience in a similar financial position;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience with insurance brokerage operations, preferred but not required;
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.