Our client is a leading manufacturer in their niche that has enjoyed consistent growth. They wish to hire a Controller that is responsible for ensuring accuracy in GL processing, reconcile accounts, processing a weekly payroll, managing cash, preparing tax documents, and actively participating in budgeting and forecasting activities.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Maintaining timely and accurate general ledger (posting entries, recording accruals, etc.).
- Maintaining timely and accurate account reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly financial statements, including monthly WIP reports.
- Leading annual financial audit process.
- Daily cash management, including cash forecasting.
- Participating in the budgeting and forecasting process as requested.
- Track construction accounting on Percent Complete format for projects
- Oversee accounts payable
- Manage project contract administration and monthly contract billing. Manage all subcontractor contract administration including certified payroll, payments and lien releases.
- Understanding and practical application of sales tax regulations for contractors. Oversee preparation of quarterly sales tax returns.
- Hiring, training and supervising accounting and office administration personnel as required.
- Prepare and file all required corporate and government reports, including GSA contract requirements. Maintain all business licenses, and contractor licenses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years accounting/finance experience in a construction environment required.
- CPA or CMA is a plus
- Experience with all aspects of finance function including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Cash management experience
- Timberline knowledge a plus