Atlanta , United States
12 months ago
Our client is a leading manufacturer in a niche market and they wish to hire a Controller that is responsible for all accounting and financial management within the company’s operations.
Essential daily duties include:-
- Lead and manage the accounting functions throughout the company to provide the executive management team with accurate and timely financial statements and summaries that contain the information required to effectively manage the group companies.
- Oversee accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, and payroll.
- Act as the company’s GAAP expert, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting regulations. Prepare and manage the compliance of the group companies with local accounting standards and regulations, listing rules and regulations and international accounting requirements.
- Lead and manage the strategic financial planning within the group, including the preparation and maintenance of budgets, financial plans and forecasts. Monitor, report, and control financial performance compared to financial plans, measuring variances and undertaking financial corrective actions where appropriate.
- Identify, communicate and implement opportunities for change to improve internal controls, policies and procedures to streamline operations and provide superior financial and operational reporting.
- Manage cash and cash flow planning, investment and asset management throughout the group.
- Participate in the preparations of reports and accounts for investors and analysts and provide information to the investment community.
- Manage timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations. Facilitate monthly close process for all companies.
- Oversee internal and external audits and ensure records are maintained and organized.
- Collaborate with HR to ensure appropriate payroll processing controls are maintained.
- Manage banking relationships, and the liaison between the company and its investors, auditors, and public officials in all countries in which the company operates.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
- CPA license is a big plus.
- Manufacturing industry experience with COGS.
- 8-15 years of progressive accounting experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent financial reporting skills; deep knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting practice within a multinational corporation and a proven understanding of global accounting practice.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.