Our client is a leader in their industry providing specialist technology that enables clients to brand their services in an efficient and cost effective manner. They wish to hire a Controller that will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all annual audit activities.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Responsibilty for a team of accountants
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- Software industry experience is a big plus
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers