Our client is a innovative small but growing company that provides unique technology for the healthcare industry. They wish to hire a Corporate Controller that will be responsible for all accounting and financial management within the company’s operations. This includes leadership and coordination of the administrative, business planning, accounting and strategic financial management of the company. The ideal candidate will have COGS experience and have experience working in small and growing companies probably in the $30M-$100M range.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Lead and manage the accounting functions throughout the company to provide the executive management team with accurate and timely financial statements and summaries that contain the information required to effectively manage the group companies.
- Oversee accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, and payroll.
- Act as the company’s GAAP expert, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting regulations. Prepare and manage the compliance of the group companies with local accounting standards and regulations, listing rules and regulations and international accounting requirements.
- Lead and manage the strategic financial planning within the group, including the preparation and maintenance of budgets, financial plans and forecasts. Monitor, report, and control financial performance compared to financial plans, measuring variances and undertaking financial corrective actions where appropriate.
- Identify, communicate and implement opportunities for change to improve internal controls, policies and procedures to streamline operations and provide superior financial and operational reporting.
- Manage cash and cash flow planning, investment and asset management throughout the group.
- Participate in the preparations of reports and accounts for investors and analysts and provide information to the investment community.
- Manage timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations. Facilitate monthly close process for all companies.
- Oversee internal and external audits and ensure records are maintained and organized.
- Collaborate with HR to ensure appropriate payroll processing controls are maintained.
- Manage banking relationships, and the liaison between the company and its investors, auditors, and public officials in all countries in which the company operates.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA is preferred.
- 10-15 years' of progressive accounting experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent financial reporting skills; deep knowledge of GAAP.
- COGS experience
- Knowledge and experience of accounting practice within a multinational corporation and a proven understanding of global accounting practice. Ability to travel internationally and domestically to fulfill responsibilities in each of the countries in which the company operates.
- Knowledge and experience in information technology applicable to financial and business management, and a personal computer literacy and ability to work effectively with financial planning and accounting software; experience with ERP preferred.
- Experience working in small and growing companies probably in the $30M-$100M range.