Growing and stable company has an immediate need for a Data Engineer. In this role, you will interpret business needs and questions coming from key stakeholders. You will interact heavily with the business, take a question/request, and then understand what to do with it (interpret the need, find the data points, and make use of the information from a data analytics standpoint to provide business insight). You will spend much of your time in your tool of choice (they are currently using some Python, R, and JSON) to dig into the analytics and data engineering sides. You must have strong Excel skills, and a sharp mind with attention to detail is needed. You must be a quick learner and dive in and learn the business. This is an excellent company with low turnover, competitive salaries, bonus plans, excellent 401K, and much more!
- Bachelor's Degree, preference for math, statistics, finance, CS, etc.
- Must have a strong ability to integrate data.
- Handle data engineering job from the ground up.
- 3+ years of Python in a data engineering capacity.
- 5+ years' experience working with statistics, data mining, data modelling, and predictive tools.
- Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, macros, connecting to SQL, etc.).
- Experience working with SQL Server (2016 preferred).
- Pluses - Tableau or PowerBI; SAS; R.