Growing and stable company has an immediate need for a SQL/BI Developer. In this role, you will work on a small IT team, working in a blended role of T-SQL (40%), ETL (40%), and database administration (20%). You will wear many hats in this role. You will ensure the availability and performance of various corporate apps on SQL Server, assisting in the development and design of new systems along with ETL, analytics and reporting methods. You will need the ability to create stored procs and the application of them, managing sensitive data securely, moving data from one system to another, making sure backup/recovery strategy and plans are in place, granting access/management users, and operational reporting. General duties include securing the application system via policies, developing/testing/managing T-SQL, monitoring/analyzing database performance and storage needs, and reporting on app operational status. The company also has a strong preference for some exposure to Azure or at least understanding the components and functionality. This company offers competitive salaries, full benefits, retirement plans, and much more.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on SQL development experience , specifically T-SQL (creating/writing stored procs, etc.) and tables.
- 3+ years of experience with SSIS and ETL (Power BI preferred).
- Understands the components and functionality of Azure.
- Understands recovery plans and backups/restores using SQL Management Studio.
- Can effectively move data from one system to another.
- Can grant access/manage users.
- Preference: Some hands-on Azure experience; OLAP; SSAS.