Growing and exciting SaaS-based company has an immediate need for a hands-on Development Manager with a sound background in open source technologies, particularly Python. If you are tech savvy, have kept your dev skills sharp, and want to work in an exciting company as a leader, this is a great opportunity for you! In this role, you will manage a small dev team in a dynamic and casual, modern work environment. They offer catered lunches, competitive salaries, full stocked kitchen, and excellent benefits (low cost!). Your team will center on the current stack of Python, RESTful web services, Postgres, with a focus on the back-end.
This company has big plans to scale their product, and your work will directly impact external users. This is a very exciting company and you will have an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
- Manage small software development team (code reviews, etc.).
- Assist with tech design of scalable architecture.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, TDD environment.
- 2+ years in a leadership and/or management capacity.
- 6+ years of OOP and OOD experience with Python, RESTful APIs and knowing your way around SQL (SQL knowledge is important). This team is back-end focused.
- SaaS-based experience, work on a product that ships out, quality code.
- Strong preference for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Preference: Experience working with Postgres and its tie-in with AWS; React.