Atlanta , United States
11 months ago
Our client is a market leader in the Real Estate industry and they wish to hire a Director of Accounting that will oversee the accounting and reporting functions for a real-estate portfolio and will supervise and mentor the staff within the Property Accounting department.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Review, coordinate, and complete the preparation of accurate books and records for third party managed properties within their portfolio.
- Supervise, mentor, and train the accounting team.
- Perform review functions during end of month close.
- Assist financial operations personnel and other company departments with questions and information requests as needed.
- Ensure compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures. Evaluate and make appropriate improvements as needed.
- Work directly with the Accounting Manager and the Senior Property Accountants to allocate and prioritize team job functions and responsibilities.
- Manage special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Perform accounting research on technical matters
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years related commercial real estate professional experience preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in commercial real estate accounting
- 5+ years in a supervisor role managing a team
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Yardi Voyager and MRI experience preferred
- Advanced Excel