Atlanta , United States
over 1 year ago
Our client is a market leader in their niche providing essential technical products and services that enable companies to be more efficient on a global basis. Their back-office operations are critical to the ongoing development and success of the company and they wish to hire a Director of Accounts Receivable and Billing to join their accounting team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Lead a team of AR and Billing Specialists that are responsible for regular invoicing of multiple revenue streams and services, and resulting cash application.
- Line management responsibilities including professional development, performance appraisal, and employee counseling for junior and management staff.
- Support corporate growth through accurate and timely invoicing and cash applications, continuous review and providing of alternative approaches, system enhancements, and automation to further enhance and improve invoicing and cash applications activity.
- Create metrics for monitoring and reporting the team's activities. Track and monitor quantity and quality of all invoicing and cash application activities.
- Work with Collections team to support customer issue resolution and timely collection of all accounts.
- Work closely with Accounting and Reporting department to provide required accounting and internal/external reporting information.
- Ensures reporting activities exceed the company's requirement to expedite critical decisions for the business.
- Develop billing guidance for program staff to ensure continuity across the programs to maximize collection of revenue.
- Assure that programs are entering their service activities correctly to obtain maximum billing opportunities.
- Develop correction plans and report to management, assist in the correction as needed.
- Act as the Liaison that interacts with Programs to resolve recurring billing and collection problems and determine the cause and correct the problem.
- Review the AR Aging report and work with the AR to determine the reason why the claims are not collected.
- Resolve collection problems.
- Prepare the Write-off Report with comments on exceptional items and distribute to upper management monthly.
- Analyze denied claims and determine the reasons. Determine any trends and propose corrective actions both at the program level and at the billing level.
- Report all information back to management and assist in any implementation of changes in billing as needed.
- Reconcile Month End Revenue and Cash Reports to the General Ledger.
- Record Journal Entries as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3+ years management experience with AR and Billing emphasis.
- 7+ years of AR/Billing experience preferred.
- NetSuite experience is required.
- Software Industry experience is required.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (must be able to speak effectively to senior management)
- Reports to CFO