Our client is a market leader in the insurance industry providing essential products and services to consumers and businesses alike. They wish to hire a Director of Investment Accounting that is responsible for the technical accounting, reporting and analytics for the Company's investment portfolio.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Aid in managing the technical activities of the investment portfolio assets which include bonds, stocks, mortgages, real estate, limited partnerships, derivatives, and consolidated VIE's
- Working closely with leader in Accounting Policy for the maintenance and updates of Investment Accounting policies as well as analysis, documentation, communication, and implementation as it relates to new accounting guidance
- Perform accounting research and lead communication and discussion with the investment department, business units, and senior leadership concerning new investment instruments or business opportunities
- Perform monthly analytics on the investment portfolio. Work with the operating companies, finance department, asset management and the tax department to determine what information they require and assist them in understanding the information investment results
- Review investment footnotes and MD&A disclosures
- Lead/represent the department on enterprise-wide initiatives. Includes prioritizing projects and resources as well as making decisions on behalf of the department
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of accounting and accounting systems experience including management experience
- 5+ years of investment accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Statutory, GAAP and NAIC related issues
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory disclosure requirements as it relates to investments a plus
- Proven experience with communications via memos and PowerPoint presentations