Atlanta , United States
8 months ago
Our client is a major distributor of essential products and they wish to hire a Director of Purchasing that will manage all purchasing functions and processes including a team purchasing personnel.
Essential daily will include:-
- Directs and manages Purchasing staff and all phases of the company’s centralized purchasing function to include the acquisition of stock inventory and Non-Stock purchases.
- Coordinates with Inventory Analytics to manage inventory levels, execute vendor strategies, and control excess inventory.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and inter-departmental communications that will ensure the purchasing function is carried out legally, efficiently, and professionally.
- Promotes communications and goodwill in vendor community and inter-departmental relations.
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years purchasing experience
- Strong knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures
- Previous experience with process improvement
- Good interpersonal, communication, customer service, and time management skills essential
- Ability to maintain strong, effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts
- Strong leadership capabilities including the ability to effectively manage and supervise a diverse team
- Strong analytical and decisive problem-solving ability