Our client is an industry leader in logistics and distribution and they wish to hire a Director of Receivables to centralize the function overseeing Accounts Receivable, Cash Application, and Billing Support functions.
Essential duties will include:-
- Working closely with the AR Managers, Collection Specialists, Operations personnel, and Accounting to drive efforts in collection of customer amounts due.
- Directly assist in resolution and /or provide direction in the resolution of complex customer receivable related issues
- Develop, update, communicate, and enforce, Collections policies and procedures.
- Actively manage the Company’s financial risks through analysis of, and thorough understanding of, material collection issues as well as active communication with Operations, Accounting, and Legal (when necessary).
- Monitor and track employee performance. Ensure coaching is provided on a regular basis.
- Maintain a detailed and comprehensive Bad Debt Reserve (when necessary).
- Provide a formalized monthly AR management report. Use sound judgment to know when specific customer issues need to be directly communicated to executive management and provide this communication in a clear and concise manner both in written and verbal form.
- Respond timely to multiple daily requests from the Accounting, Operations, and Legal departments for customer related data assistance, including ad hoc analyses.
- Ensure that all control requirements are fully met for all areas in Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications.
- Fully support all external audit and Financial reporting (quarterly and annual) requests for reports, analyses, and documentation.
- Support all acquisition initiatives and system conversions, driving completion and implementation of Accounts Receivable related components.
- Provide other assistance, analyses, and reporting as required in a timely manner while managing multiple priorities
- Manage employees in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience with Trade Receivables
- Experience managing relationship collections in a high dollar, high volume environment
- Ability to resolve complex issues through analysis, research, creativity and negotiation
- Experience with a system conversion is a big plus
- Any experience working through an acquisition is preferred