Our client is a national leader in their industry providing products and services throughout the USA and they wish to hire a Director of SEC Reporting to oversee the financial reporting process and maintains appropriate technical accounting policies, procedures, and controls. In particular will ensure compliance with the SEC disclosure requirements and drafts all filings with the SEC.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Plans, organizes, and directs activities for SEC reporting and filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, XBRL tagging, and other quarterly and annual reporting as required.
- Partners with Accounting, Legal, Tax, Treasury, and Investor Relations to coordinate the preparation and review of quarterly earnings materials. Works with leaders in the business to ensure understanding of reporting guidelines. Serves as a liaison between Internal Audit and external auditors related to SEC filings.
- Identifies and remains current as a SME on SEC requirements and trends.
- Participates in business month-end close processes and calls.
- Manages equity accounting and roll forwards, including earnings per share calculations and related analyses.
- Drives process improvements and supports cross-functional projects. Oversees and manages ad hoc projects.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
- 10+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience leading both technical accounting and SEC reporting at public US companies.
- Understanding of fair disclosure regulations, GAAP, and internal controls.