We are looking for a strong Escalation Engineer with Storage experience to join our growing team. You will work with a strong team providing systems support to our external clients. This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for troubleshooting and providing quick and permanent resolutions to high priority issues. We have been a leader in our industry providing IT outsourcing and cloud and managed services to our clients for over 15 years.
- Reactive systems engineering support for our current client base.
- Work with the support desk and network operations center as a tier 3 point of escalation for enterprise systems such as Storage Systems, VMWare, VDI, MS Exchange, Server Platforms, and 3rd party enterprise applications.
- Troubleshooting and administration of Windows based applications, Operating Systems (Desktop and Server) and Server Roles (AD DS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Server, File Server, etc.)
- Be able to respond to service and systems outages on a rotating after hours on-call schedule.
- Troubleshoots network communication issues as they relate to primarily firewalls, but may also include routers, switches and load balancers.
- Firewall and switch configuration and support including implementing network related provisioning requests of new firewall permit policy and identifies and contains new network security threats through careful implementation of firewall policy.
- 3+ Years of progressive experience supporting enterprise systems in a Microsoft shop.
- 3+ experience with storage administration including increasing volumes, snapshots, scheduling jobs.
- Experience with Fujitzu or Nimble is preferred.
- Experience supporting a VMware environment.
- 3+ years of troubleshooting Windows based applications, operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, Server platforms, messaging and O365.
- Experience supporting multi-site networks.
- Experience configuring/supporting firewalls as it relates to permissions and application security.
- MCSE is preferred although other certifications will be considered (VMWare, Cisco)
- Experience working in a Managed Services Environment is preferred.