Our client is a market leader in a niche industry providing essential products and services that provide safety and infrastructure. They wish to hire a Financial Analyst/Accountant that will support the Finance and Operations teams with budgeting/forecasting, mergers and acquisitions.
Essential daily duties include:-
- Support the Senior Financial Analyst in coordinating the budgeting and forecasting cycle, developing the annual financial calendar, and performing budget adjustments.
- Help implement additional functionality in the company’s forecasting system.
- Develops flexible models to evaluate the financial impact of various business initiatives under a range of assumptions and scenarios.
- Support company and private equity ownership through Initiative tracking, ROI calculations, Quality of Earnings analysis, due diligence for M&A, and market analysis.
- Assist in transition of reports to reporting software.
- Generate ad hoc reports, research questions from various sources, and resolve issues.
- Provide written documentation on standard reporting processes and procedures.
- Make suggestions and provide support on how allocations of indirect costs should be calculated by understanding the account structure, reporting requirements, and other user needs.
- Respond to inquiries from company-wide managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls.
- Improve systems, procedures, and initiate corrective actions.
- Establish and maintain files and records to document transactions to assist in audits.
- Collaborate with managers throughout the company to support overall corporate initiatives and goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Experience in creating monthly reporting models with advanced Excel formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience with ERP systems.