Atlanta , United States
about 1 year ago
Our client is a market leader in their industry, providing essential products and services to consumers. Their back-office operations are critical to the ongoing efficiency and development of the company and they wish to hire a Financial Controls Auditor to design and implement a SOX Program in accordance with regulations. This role will test internal controls over financial reporting as required as well as other controls assigned and assess control effectiveness.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Participates in all aspects of assessment in accordance with internal standards and any government and regulatory statutes.
- Proactively trains and develops others in the application of various risk assessment techniques and accounting principles.
- Stay abreast of accounting principles and risk regulations to determine impact to company and apply changes to processes and controls where necessary.
- Independently assesses the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting as well as other non-financial controls and determines the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Develops effective line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Participates in financial business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Responsible for business monitoring, reporting findings, and recommending appropriate interventions where needed. Assist business with resolutions and validates remediation.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the annual SOX Compliance Program.
- Develops and updates SOX documentation.
- Acts as liaison for internal and external financial audits.
- Conducts SOX and Quality Assessment testing and/or reviews test results for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Assists with Enterprise Risk Management Program.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a plus
- SOX experience required
- Accounting experience
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of audit/risk assessments techniques and principles is a plus
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of specialized financial experience