Our client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of Eco-friendly products and provide their products to consumers and industrial markets. They wish to hire an HR Generalist that is responsible for managing daily issues related to all phases of the employee life cycle, such as recruitment, hiring, compensation administration, employee relations, talent management and development, employee data maintenance, and reporting. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Manufacturing or Industrial setting.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Demonstrates proficiency in human resources operations, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Acts as an advisor and provides technical HR expertise and analytical support to the management team regarding the application of employment laws and corporate policies when addressing specific business issues.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the workplace, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partners with local management to effectively manage the talent acquisition process, including: managing staffing vendors, implementing targeted and innovative recruiting strategies, interviewing, and maintaining applicant tracking & record keeping. Works with line managers to effectively source, assess and hire candidates.
- Uses sound judgment to provide effective performance management guidance to line management: coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions
- Creates, coordinates, and conducts live and virtual management training for various topics including performance management, harassment, compensation, and talent management.
- Organizes and conducts new employee orientation: creates a positive first experience of the company and serves as a role model.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Conducts and analyzes wage survey data. Maintains position descriptions and market comparisons.
- Responds to inquiries regarding benefit programs and educates employees in the use of the self-service applications available to them.
- Coordinates incentive activities such as employee lunches, company outings, United Way Campaign, Service Award programs and Health and Wellness activities.
- Coordinates and schedules annual safety training, open enrollment meetings and all other employee meetings.
- Maintain bulletin boards and FMLA tracking system.
- Maintain Vehicle Fleet Service for Regional Sales Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR.
- 3-5 years’ experience in human resources including experience with recruitment & training processes, benefit and compensation administration, employee relations, and legal compliance requirements.
- HR experience in a Manufacturing or Industrial setting.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills; demonstrates good listening and coaching skills; able to communicate and work effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Independent and organized work style: Effectively manages time and prioritizes work load, assumes and manages multiple tasks and projects without close supervision,
- Highly adaptable and capable of leading and facilitating change
- Ability to make independent decisions and regularly suggest ways to improve services and processes.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential business and employee information.