Our client located in the Smyrna/Cumberland area is seeking 2 Internal Controls Analysts. Looking for 2+ years in SOX/Internal Controls experience.
Job Description: The Financial Internal Controls Analyst responsible for evaluating the design and effectiveness of the financial controls to support financial reporting and operating procedures. Responsibilities also include coordinating control design and implementation in conjunction with the Financial Internal Controls Supervisor, this position will assist in the development, execution, and reporting of the internal controls testing.
Proactively supports the Internal Controls Management establishing and maintaining the Internal Control framework across businesses and functions; partnering with business and finance team to review and improve control processes and perform targeted testing activities to drive compliance and streamline the monitoring and assessment of controls compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in the internal control and compliance fields that may have an impact on the company, the risk assessment or the company’s audit methodology and procedures
- Proactively identify existing and emerging risks that may be of importance to the Company’s management
- Integral team member providing guidance on internal controls compliance throughout the organization as well as the international entities as needed. Develop and present scoping, testing and remediation training for contractors, interns and new staff as necessary
- Work with departmental management to develop and update internal control documentation (process maps, risk control matrices, process narratives, etc.) periodically to include any new key internal controls or processes identified and ensure appropriate key control structure is maintained
- Assist in creating and execution of test plans to verify process effectiveness, accuracy, and completeness for specific control tests by established deadlines with minimal supervision. Be able to prioritize assignments, apply sample size guidelines appropriately and provide constant and clear feedback to management and the process owners
- Identify internal control weaknesses and recommend remediation to strengthen the control environment
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a concentration in Accounting/Audit/Finance
- 3-5 years of audit experience or equivalent experience in internal controls testing
- Minimum of 2-year experience with SOX 404 documentation and testing compliance
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office suite, query tools and databases. Advanced Access/Excel and Data Analytical Tools is desirable. Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of governance, risk and compliance framework (COSO),
- CPA, CIA or equivalent certification is preferred