Our client is an International technology company that provides products and services in the financial services industry that enable companies to be more efficient. They wish to hire an IT Project Manager to manage a portfolio of application delivery projects within a Program, ranging in size, complexity and scope and require a solid background in delivering large scale, complex application development projects.REF: ITProjMgrStL
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Managing a portfolio of work, being either single or multiple projects throughout the project life-cycle.
- Adhering to the Group Project Management Methodology, ensuring that gateway criteria are met at each stage in the project delivery and all project documentation is produced and maintained to agreed standards.
- Ensuring delivery to agreed Business / Client objectives, requirements, schedules, costs and quality objectives.
- Managing project deliverables and resources, ensuring timely delivery by the project team.
- Coordinating and contributing to the production of requirements, assessments, designs and supporting documentation
- Production of appropriate project documentation, including delivery plans; reports, logs, IT support models and IT service introduction material.
- Identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies that could threaten a project’s delivery.
- Identifying countermeasures and recommending and/or taking appropriate action to overcome delays, issues, and challenges or cost over-runs.
- Chairing project meetings.
- Coordinating and / or contributing to the design, development and specification of new / revised processes and systems, documentation, training materials etc., as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, suppliers and clients.
- Adherence to all Regulatory, Security and Compliance requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant technical field.
- Track record of successful and timely delivery of Application Development projects operating within a formal project methodology.
- Prince 2 qualified or equivalent recognized Project Management accreditation.
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech is a big plus.
- Experience of managing projects within an Enterprise organisation.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to positively influence, challenge, support where appropriate.
- Experience of managing cross-functional, globally diverse delivery teams.
- Ability to communicate technology in plain-English and in non-technical terms to colleagues.
- Experience and working knowledge of MS Management Solutions.
- Effective time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively.