Lead Payroll Administrator with Workday- Atlanta, GA
Be a part of an exciting company in the sports and entertainment industry! Our client is targeting a Lead Payroll Administrator to join their dynamic team! This is a Direct Hire position paying up to $70K, depending on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review verify and audit accuracy of payroll and timekeeping records in Workday for all hourly, salary and salary non-exempt employees.
- Research and resolve payroll issues in timely and professional manner.
- Run payroll processes, follow documented processing steps which include detailed auditing of information, and transmit payroll.
- Document SOPs and collaborate with HR regarding any cross functional process.
- Ensure all expense reimbursement reports are uploaded properly and accurately.
- Process weekly contractor payroll for respective companies.
- Book payroll & benefit journal entries to the General Ledger system.
- Complete month-end close procedures for all payroll related items.
- Assist in any payroll related audit responsibilities.
- Assist with other payroll related responsibilities and reporting (i.e. Workers Comp audit).
- Any other payroll-related projects as needed.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- 5+ years in similar role preferably in the sports or entertainment setting
- Mastered knowledge of complex payroll systems (Workday highly preferred)
- Multi-State Tax reporting knowledge required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, able to meet deadlines and a team player
- Exhibits proper discretion in dealing with sensitive and highly confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to outstanding customer service, ability to build relationships, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be able to see multiple points of view