Our client is a well respected and prestigious Law Firm and they wish to hire a Legal Billing Specialist to complement the accounting team. The Billing Specialist will be expected to provide outstanding service to the firms attorneys, clients, and others within the firm. The position requires that the individual must be very flexible and highly committed to quality, customer service, teamwork and supporting firm and department goals in a fast-paced environment. The Billing Specialist will have overall responsibility for billing activities associated with the attorneys assigned to him/her. This is a high volume desk within a deadline driven environment.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Perform full-cycle billing functions.
- Processing edits made by Billing attorneys on monthly pre-bills.
- Reviewing time entries on pre-bills and requesting revisions of insufficient entries.
- Pulling backup for cost entries reflected on the bills prior to sending the bill out for payment.
- Preparing and posting pre-bills and bills.
- Transferring time entries when necessary.
- Bachelors' Degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with the electronic billing process and working knowledge of various e-billing platforms highly preferred.
- Familiarity with the invoice appeal process.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Position requires outstanding written and verbal communications skills (strong business writing skills), excellent organizational skills and the ability to strategize, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Ideal candidate has an exemplary customer service mindset, is highly motivated, and enjoys a team-oriented atmosphere. An ownership mentality, a commitment to proactive communication and exceptional follow through skills are absolutely essential for success in this position.