Experienced Legal Billing Specialist Opening- Atlanta, GA
first PRO is in search of a stellar Legal Billing Specialist to join the team at an established law firm in the Atlanta area. This is a direct hire position and will pay up to $70K, depending on experience. Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years of legal billing experience
- Strong experience with E*Billing (Elite or Aderant)
- Edit and revise 850-1000 bills/mo for assigned attorneys
- Strong personality and communication skills
- Compiles, manages and executes attorney billing.
- Reviews and edits Pre-bills/Proformas in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Executes complex bills in a timely manner (i.e, multiple discounts by matter, preparation of electronic invoices LEDES file, Phase billing and AFA’s).
- Able to navigate and understand eBilling software.
- Handles a high volume of bills per month.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with attorneys, secretaries and clients.
- Researches and responds to inquiries in a timely manner regarding billing issues and problems as they arise.
- Generates monthly Proformas and maintains a list of Unbilled Proformas for follow up.
- Assists with special projects as needed within the department.
- Works well within a team environment.
- Excel skills are a must.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills.
- Experience with Elite, CMS Aderant or equivalent accounting software is necessary.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow up with minimal or no direction from Supervisor. Follow up on own initiative.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- In addition to primary billing responsibilities, the candidate will also be trained to perform other Accounting duties such as assist in Collections and Client intake.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours if necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.