LEGAL BILLING SPECIALIST- ATLANTA, GA
Prominent Atlanta Law Firm is seeking a detailed, experienced Billing Specialist to join their growing accounting department! This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm offering a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package and a friendly working environment.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-5+ years’ previous Law Firm billing experience. Candidates should have a working knowledge of time and billing software and general computer software knowledge. Aderant experience highly desired, but will consider candidates with other legal billing software experience. Previous electronic billing is preferred.
Responsibilities for the Legal Billing Specialist will include the following:
• Prepare and maintain monthly billing reports
• Investigate and resolve client billing inquiries
• Prepare monthly client billings for assigned attorneys including invoice modifications as necessary
• Edit time and cost entries
• Execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split party billing, preparation of electronic bills)
• Research detail of client related expenses in order to provide supporting documentation
• Troubleshooting submission issues
• Create and print final client billing
• Track budgets, purchase orders and maintain spreadsheets
• Set up new clients for e-billing
• Appealing denied invoices
• Additional duties and special projects as needed
Candidates must be highly skilled, efficient and organized. Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, and excellent time management skills required for successful achievement of position goals in this deadline oriented role. The ideal candidate will be a team player, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and be able to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of the firm. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to follow through and follow up are critical. Must be service driven and able to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
This is a full time, permanent, direct hire position and competitive salary, top benefits and paid time off package offered. Compensation commensurate with years’ related experience; range is $50-65K.
Billing Specialist Position Requirements:
• 1-5+ years' related billing / accounting / financial experience
• Must have previous law firm / legal billing experience
• Strong computer skills
• Possess a working knowledge of time and billing software
• Knowledge of electronic billing (e-billing)
• Elite or Aderant software