Our client is software company that is a market leader in their niche and they wish to hire a Manager of FP&A that be responsible for reporting, modelling and forecasting activities and providing accurate and timely financial input for decision making at the leadership level.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Oversees analysis and report preparation on variances versus Plan/Forecast/Current and Past Trends for assigned Revenue Streams and Cost Functions.
- Engages in bench-marking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Reviews bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of functional throughput.
- Engages in ongoing cost reduction analysis.
- Oversees preparation of standard Quarterly and Monthly Financial Reports for analysis and senior level meetings.
- Prepares Financial models and Ad-Hoc Reports to support strategic initiatives. Understands what to highlight and what level of detail is required while presenting to senior executives.
- Develops efficiencies to consolidate and increase the effectiveness of reporting, and maintain Revenue and Cost reports used internally and externally.
- Leads certain initiatives for continued development of Budgeting, Forecasting and Flash processes using relevant tools.
- Ability to accurately meet all time sensitive reporting dates.
- Is able to anticipate problems and proactively tries to prevent them, and/or develops solutions up front.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Preferred accounting/finance experience in the software industry
- Required experience with US GAAP
- Previous experience in budgeting and forecasting is required
- Must have a critical eye for accuracy, data integrity, process issues and improvements.
- Ability to form relationships with senior management that enables Finance to be seen as a business partner whose input the directors see as essential to decision making.
- Leadership and managerial experience
- Very strong analytical skills and strategic thinker
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
- TM1 Experience a plus